Wednesday 7 December 2011

Training Week 7

Week seven of following Dr Palmer's training plan and I have successfully met my initial target weight of 79.9Kgs. I am still doing all my training on the turbo trainer, but, I am now increasing the duration again, this means I don't really have an opportunity to have an early night, which would be handy sometimes. I've also borrowed a speed and cadence sensor from Steve, so should have a measure of my improvement from the endurance training over the coming weeks.

So, next step in Dr Garry's training plan is to add a threshold training session once a week. Clearly this is going to hurt a lot more than the training I am used to, however, it's for a shorter duration. I will need to do this until January and then I will need to have another session with Dr Garry to readjust the training to better match my, hopefully, better cardiovascular fitness.

I still haven't managed to get back out onto the road to see what benefits the training is giving to my real pace. Hopefully I can get out for a ride before Christmas. If I'm able to ride endurance on the route to and from work, then I may start commuting again, as this would mean the training will have a smaller impact on my time at home and means I can go to bed earlier. Currently it's taking me nearly half an hour to drive to work due to the traffic queues caused by the high numbers of staff on site.

This is all great planning, but, currently the things I plan never work out that way, so, I'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment